Thursday, February 11, 2010

Some Random Reese

Brannen and I got the chance to go to Reese's school last week and see her receive her "Honor Reader" award. She has been working hard and reading a lot to earn enough points to reach her goal.
The theme at her school this year is "Camp Little Chief". Here she is with the Rangers (librarians) of her school who gave her the award. After her name was read, she got to climb and jump off a mountain- swim the wide river- to reach the wild horses- which she rode to the slide- where she ended her journey with a great big "bong" on the gong! Quite the travels for one afternoon- huh?! Our great librarians set up a fun obstacle course which the kids get to travel through in front of the student body when they reach the Honor reader goal. Fun stuff!
Also, here is Reese looking for a fight! Wow! What a meanie! I didn't know Reesie had it in her!

Actually - she is dressed and ready for school on "Fake Injury Day"! How funny is that! Her class earned enough class tickets to have some sort of fun reward day at school. Move over, Crazy Hair and Pajama day - the winning vote this time was - "Fake Injury Day"! : D
We must have done a good job on the eye too, because her bus driver was really worried about her and asked her what had happened. She thought that was pretty funny.
Well, I say that fake injuries are MUCH better than real ones - any day.

1 comment:

Bekki said...

She is such a pretty girl! She has your chin! I LOVE that they chose "fake injury day" at school!!! I should totally suggest that to the student council at our school. Can't wait to have Reesie come play with Maura!!