Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

Here we are! In our Sunday best - ready for our Christmas picture. Everyone looks so handsome - Merry Christmas smiles and all. Well, Brannen isn't smiling yet - and he smiles so good! Lets give it another try or two . . .(You already know the end of the story, don't you?)
Yep, Christmas picture meltdown. It was inevitable. When you are almost 2, you can only take so much prompting before you crack. (notice how very amused Brady is with this whole thing!)
I want you mom! I don't want to sit here! I don't want to smile! I want you! Don't make me smile! Please!

So then, I give him hugs. A few kisses. Tell him that I know it is hard job to be so handsome. I do what all good moms do make him happy - I distract him. Start showing him the pictures we have taken - and wow-- he is interested. We talk about taking some pictures. And he decides that maybe he can try it again.
Here is his "trying-it-out" pose - very reluctant. Maybe this isn't so bad.
Getting kind of warmed up now! I can even manage a smile!
Hey this isn't so bad! I am handsome! I am so cute! Take my picture! Bring it on! Merry Christmas to all!

Babies are soooo silly!

2 comments:

BeeP said...

I love it!!!! I haven't even taken a "pretty picture" of the kids this year for Christmas. I need to get on it!

Jen said...

Had to laugh....and you guys have a beautiful family (smiles or frowns!) Merry Christmas!