
Every year my kids think that they should have their own Christmas tree in the basement - that they can decorate how they want. Our family tree upstairs is artificial and Rae, the lumberjack that she is, thinks that this is no fun. It's funny but the older Kelly gets-- the more tree-huggerish he gets. He is always telling Rae the lumberjack - do you know just how many years it took that tree to get that big?! He is fine with artificial - just because he doesn't want to be a tree cutter.

But this year we sacrificed a tree for the kiddos. I bought them a tree tag and left them to it. After school they put on their snow clothes, jumped on the ATV and headed up the canyon. They found a tree, cut it down, towed it home, set it up and decorated it. They even cleaned up after themselves!

It is truly their very own tree. Pretty cool that they did it all themselves. I guess that is one advantage to living in the boonies!

So here they are with their awesome sacrificial Christmas tree. They really had fun getting it - and really, as I look out the window, there isn't a tree shortage. I feel no tree guilt. Kelly or not!
2 comments:
That is so awesome! Way to go kids!
Maybe I should send my kids down the block to the former gas station to lug home a tree from the lot. I'm jealous of your "backyard" tree lot!
Post a Comment