Thursday, October 01, 2009

School Pictures

It was picture day today for the kiddos. I actually thought it was only picture day for Reese, so she looked beautiful with her perfect outfit and perfect hair - but apparently it was the day for Boo too. He came home with his mostly wrinkled kind of strange football shirt on, hair in most definite need of a cutting and said - mom it was pictures for me today too. Well, that might be interesting.
Anyway, because we live in the BOONIES, I always take my toddler into the school to get their picture taken too. (Yes, I live 2 hours away from the nearest Target or Wallmart portrait center. No thank you-- kids are always dirty and cranky by the time we have driven 2 hours!) So today I took Bran to the school freshly scrubbed and combed. He was really cute. Entertained him until it was our turn. He was all grins and happy. Set him on the picture stool - you know what happens next - mad face, tears. So I proceeded to find his favorite person in the world to make him smile. Reese! It did the trick. She came, he was all smiles and happy yet again- until his tiny bottom hit the dreaded picture stool. Tears again. Why do children all over the world torment their parents on picture day?? Is it part of their training in baby school?? I think it might be.
So here's the real kicker. We get in the car and I give him the talking to. Buddy - why won't you smile? You smile so good. Can you smile for me?
The little stink smiled all the way home. On command. Every time. He just took years off of my life with the stress of jumping around making stupid faces, trying to get him to smile. What can you do?
So I came home, and got some proof of the smile. I may print this picture and hang it next to the terrible one that the school will give me in a couple of weeks. Sounds like a plan. Proof of his smile.

1 comment:

BeeP said...

What a little stinker! Those make for fun pictures though. Too cute.