Today the kids and I were supposed to go to the Rexburg temple open house - but the weather didn't allow us to. The roads were closed all over because of blowing snow. We were really disappointed! But, we tried to be productive - and you know how kids like to paint! So we began the great painting project of the room. (They had all done make-up work for school already, so I just kept them home). I decided about half way into the big paint, that I'm a bit too pregnant to be painting with 3 kids - (translation: I was a bit more grumpy than usual! : ) ). But we really did well. They were actually a lot of help - we got the 1st coat all on. We went to the Maverik for hot chocolate to celebrate their hard work (which, of course, Rae spilled all over the car ----and created another project!!! Ahhhhhh! Gotta love that girl! ) It was actually a pretty fun day - in spite of the storm!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Baby room project
So, I can finally put up some pictures of our big project. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a handy Kelly around! That man is Bob the Builder himself. I really am glad that he can do so much around here - from keeping the snowblower going, to building an entire house! The man is handy. Ask him to cook something ---- well . . . .that is not the same story! For sure! Oh well, good thing I love to cook! And helping with the baby - you know he'll be good for at least 17 minutes! What a guy! Anyway, I talked him into putting up bead-board wainscoting in the baby room. It looks great. He also built shelves in the closet - SO NICE.




Today the kids and I were supposed to go to the Rexburg temple open house - but the weather didn't allow us to. The roads were closed all over because of blowing snow. We were really disappointed! But, we tried to be productive - and you know how kids like to paint! So we began the great painting project of the room. (They had all done make-up work for school already, so I just kept them home). I decided about half way into the big paint, that I'm a bit too pregnant to be painting with 3 kids - (translation: I was a bit more grumpy than usual! : ) ). But we really did well. They were actually a lot of help - we got the 1st coat all on. We went to the Maverik for hot chocolate to celebrate their hard work (which, of course, Rae spilled all over the car ----and created another project!!! Ahhhhhh! Gotta love that girl! ) It was actually a pretty fun day - in spite of the storm!
Today the kids and I were supposed to go to the Rexburg temple open house - but the weather didn't allow us to. The roads were closed all over because of blowing snow. We were really disappointed! But, we tried to be productive - and you know how kids like to paint! So we began the great painting project of the room. (They had all done make-up work for school already, so I just kept them home). I decided about half way into the big paint, that I'm a bit too pregnant to be painting with 3 kids - (translation: I was a bit more grumpy than usual! : ) ). But we really did well. They were actually a lot of help - we got the 1st coat all on. We went to the Maverik for hot chocolate to celebrate their hard work (which, of course, Rae spilled all over the car ----and created another project!!! Ahhhhhh! Gotta love that girl! ) It was actually a pretty fun day - in spite of the storm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yahooooo! Pictures! Sorry your day didn't go as planned, but glad you got some painting done! What good...umm...helpers you have!
Yeah! Nice to see you are alive and well and actually doing stuff!
Post a Comment