Friday, April 09, 2010

Slip and Slide!


Yahoo!!  Finally!  We get to try out Aunt B's slip and slide!  My kids were major excited about this!  Bekki and her friend went in together and bought this HUGE, GI-NORMOUS, VERY LARGE piece of industrial strength plastic from a landscape company and have been setting it up on the hill at their park whenever they are in need of some fun.  Well we needed fun!


Kelly and Bekki were the set r - up -r's  ---- then the fun really began. 
Bek emailed friends from her neighborhood to let them know that it would be set up - so lots of kiddos from her neighborhood enjoyed the afternoon.  But none more than my kids! 
Rae was especially crazy - and had the sore bum and red marks everywhere to prove it.  She seriously sacrificed her body for fun.  She was always making "trains" for all the little kids to go down together.  They had a great time.  Thanks Rae!


Oh wait - not all of my kids were convinced that slipping and sliding was fun stuff.  After going down on a few laps, Bran decided it wasn't for him.  Instead, he thought the far off duck pond offered much more allure.  See!  The pointy finger even to prove his point.  I ended up following him around for a while - we saw the ducks.  But I did finally convince him to come back and watch the kids.  It was my turn on the slide!
 Oh man - it was fun stuff!  Kelly even got into the action.  Reese and Brady loved it that he went down with them a lot.  Dad's are always the most fun!  Before you can slide down - you must be properly soaped up!  The kids all helped Kelly get SOAPY!
I had some designs on my t-shirt that were kinda too much friction for good sliding - and I tried to slide down on my stomach.  Well, Bekki thought she'd give me a push from behind - and I didn't move!  But her finger sure did get crunched - ouch!  Sorry!  Her poor finger was swollen and bruised for the rest of the week.  She couldn't even bend it.  I think I may have cost her her living!  Is it getting better Bek?!?
What a FUN day!  We all had such a blast!  Good thinking Aunt B!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

It is really ODD to see pictures of Brannen with palm trees in the background!

We're so glad you guys came to visit. It was great to see all of you!