Here's a smile to brighten your day!
So how is everyone's summer going? Ours seems like it really hasn't gotten moving yet - at it is almost July. We have had such miserable wet weather that we haven't been able to do much. Bekki and her family are here with us for a couple more weeks - and we hope the sun will come out to play! We need to go to the pool - bike rides - picnic - ya know - summer stuff!
Naturally Kelly managed to get hurt a week ago (dog attacked him on his bike - he doesn't remember much - long story ending with much Kelly pain, a concussion, broken helmet, emergency room visit. We do good head injuries in this family!) so his golfing has suffered - and therefore, we have all suffered. We are hoping that he gets better really fast so that he will have fun on his Scotland trip in July. He is actually doing much better, so it looks hopeful.
Kids are having fun and staying busy. Rae is always working at the riding stable with Grandpa and loving every minute of it (dang it - I need her to stay home and help ME! ) - Brady is either golfing, asking Kelly to take him golfing, playing some b-ball with good buddy Seth, or entertaining younger cousins with xbox or gamecube - it is a tough life. He has managed to also read a couple of good books already this summer - so way to stay busy Boo! Reese is the best darn helper the world has ever seen. She is the baby magnet! Maura and Brannen love her!! She is so content to "go with the flow" she always seems to be busy and not bored.
I have mainly spent my summer standing in the driveway. It is true. I watch the youngster of the family throw every rock he can find into the two puddles in our driveway. He can do this for hours. I promise you. I stand and watch, and if I get bored and start to wander and do something else (keeping one eye on him, of course), he heads out into the road to escape. I manage to catch the little guy before he gets munched - it is a good thing all my neighbors look out for him. His other occupation of the summer is trying to pet the horses in the field. Yes, we chase him a lot. He just can't stand to be inside! It has got to stop raining soon!
So that is a catch up on all of our doings. I have many pics to post - and will get busy with them soon!
2 comments:
I love all the updates! You have great kids. Can we move in next summer? ;)
Loved your update and photos! Rae did get braces! The kids said she did. We will be there too. Sigh-
Post a Comment